Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
My wife tagged me to do a survey the other day but I had already completed it a couple of months back. So I decided to steal this one from Jenny who got it from Tracey. Hope you enjoy.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Honestly? I don't pay bills! I bring home my share of the bacon and my wife decides who get what and when. I would probably say that our $850 worth of car payments are the worst in my mind.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
We do well with dinner and romance at home. I like to cook so it is not a big ordeal. We did recently have a date night w/o kids at Brio a couple of weeks ago.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Not really. She was older, drove an IROC-Z, and had some experience so it was probably not as clumsy and traumatic as it could have been. Definitely one of those "where are they now" people.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
5. Name of your second grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sleeping or playing Wii.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I didn't and I am still growing up so I will let you know when I decide.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was good for cleaning the kitchen in .
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
The whole family and I would relocate to the Rocky Mountains or Spain.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Crazy! I was actually asleep when it went off and not holding a fussy baby.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
14.What do you miss about being a child?
Fishing with my Dad or friends.
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
I will wash clothes and fold clothes...but I hate putting them away.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Heck yeah. HFC here I come.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
I'm a night owl. I LOVE to sleep in.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Grab a drink with friends. Chill with Sass.
21. Have you found real love yet?
22. When did you start feeling old?
We just talked about that today. I don't feel my age yet.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
25. What do you get every time you go to Wal-Mart?
Whatever I need. Mainly gas.
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
I think it is getting there. That being said I really enjoy this time around.
28. Do you own property?
29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out?
Dream a Little Dream
31. What's your drink?
Almost any wine, Miller Lite, Stoli and Soda, Campari and Soda.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
33. Cops or Robbers?
Class fighting wealth redistribution agents.
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Dawn, Sarah T., Kenny.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
103.3 ESPN or 92.5
37. Grey's Anatomy or The Office?
The Office if I had to choose.
38. Worst relationship mistake you wish you could take back?
Honestly, going to the altar the first time with my fingers crossed. I wish I would have...oh well. It got me where I am now.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Not sure. Lance Armstrong maybe.
41. Indoors or Outdoors?
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
A few times. I had a crazy streak when I was younger.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
A few times actually. Like I said...I had a crazy streak when I was younger.
44. Last book you read?
Innocent Man by John Grisham
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
A couple of squirmy and loving little ones right now.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In the back of a semi trailer.
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
48. Do you go to church?
Not any more. Old wounds leave bad scars to remind me why I abstain.
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Neither right now.
50. How long have you been out of school?
Friday, April 25, 2008
The families gatherd at our fine establishment for a birthday party. They had previously called and inquired about bringing their own cake which we have changed policy to deny since, a) it is a health code violation to bring in outside food, b) we lose revenue on not selling our own desserts, and c) the ever so appreciative cheap skates tend to throw a post check dropping fit because you did not read their mind and cut the cake into smaller pieces so that they could take some of it home for later. All good and valid reasons but after threatening to go somewhere else, which I would have suggested, our manager capitulated and allowed the breach of policy. Whatever.
One parent arrived with four children and managed to supervise none of them. Our restaurant was quickly transformed into another type of establishment. They next set of parents came in already mad and arguing with each other about which side of the car they took their child out of and worked on sharing their toxic energy with the group. The rest of the family gathered and after 15 minutes seating arrangement were finally decided on which included putting all five children on the opposite side of the table with no adults. Stellar idea.
After telling the parents that we did not have a children's menu, confirming again when asked if I was sure, and shooting a cross look when someone suggested that I should go check to make sure, we got to ordering. I am the first one to make families feel welcome and comfortable but I am not your emotional punching bag. Adults salads were sent followed shortly by the kids meals since few things keep kids quiet better that pizza and pasta. I of course held the main courses for the adults. All was well until I returned with a glass of wine for Toxic Tammy which I probably should have spiked with a Xanax or Valium and started our exchange.
T. T.: Umm...You need to go ahead and bring the kids food as soon as you can so they don't het out of control. I mean, if you had kids you would understand.
Me: Oh I understand. I have 4 kids. I have already sent their's to the kitchen. They will be up ASAP.
T. T.: No. I mean kids of your own. (eye roll)
Me: They are mine.
T. T.: (Look of disbelief) Really?
Bro-in-law: Why would he say he had kids if they weren't his?
T. T.: I just didn't think someone like that would actually have kids.
Me: (Turning around and snapping a pen in half while biting my tongue till it almost bleeds.)
I get it. I don't have a 9-5 cube job. But Tammy you can take your $30,000 millionaire, leveraged to the hilt in credit card debt, CRV driving, disrespectful head and shove it up the ass of an elephant until you...
Ok. I feel better.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
On the agenda:
- Try and sneak in a shower while they are napping. (Should probably be doing that now instead of blogging)
- Get to the grocery store to pick up shallots for dinner and potatoes for a special request from a local celebrity.
- Look for an elusive USB cable for a 7 year old digital camera.