Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 5 update.

Good news and no news

Beck has really taken to the nip! He is a champ at breast feeding and has a great appetite. Looks like his weight loss has ceased and he will quickly start going the other way. He finally bottomed out at 6lbs 1oz.

Ella has been active and alert. She had a bit of trouble nursing and eating today but that does not stop her from telling you how she feels. She is at 4lbs 14oz right now.

It is amazing to see the differences in their personalties already. Beck is laid back, easy going, and rarely cries. Ella on the other hand is quite the drama queen. I think they both follow perfectly after their mom and dad.

I have to admit it is getting a little frustrating. Its worse than paying for something and it being on back order or putting the change in the vending machine and watching your bag of Fritos hang precariously but planted. They are yours but you cant have them quite yet. They both had more bradys today so that automatically resets their release date to 5 days from the last episode. That puts their check out date at Saturday at the soonest. I trust and want them in there under watchful eyes but I would prefer a commute to the nursery down the hall instead of to the NICU to feed and hold them. It could always be worse. I know there are those out there that went through months of NICU time so I count my blessings.

Any who, we will keep the updates coming. I head back to work tomorrow and life returns to as normal as it can be. Without four extra feet in our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand.

I really do.

I felt the same way - compared to the other truly sick infants in the NICU, I SHOULD have felt lucky - but damn if I wasn't worried and scared and bitter and angry and resentful.

Hang in there. This too shall pass. Can't wait to meet them!