Monday, May 19, 2008

Sardonic Update

May already? 95 degrees already? School is out in two weeks. What the heck.

Babies are doing well for the most part. Deb just wagged a bottle in my face that she managed to get the little one to eat in 10 mins. My hour worth of effort didn't even get half of it down. They are still a little fussy but the reflux meds have helped. We had a baby shower for one of my coworkers the other day. Restaurant events are mostly coed since they usually center around drinking, smoking, and acting like juveniles after too many Jagerbombs. I guess most were a little surprised and a little miffed that I turned down shots and disappeared to change diapers. They were even bemused enough to video me holding/bouncing both babies at once when they started to get fussy. After being ribbed about having to change diapers I explained that it was a fair trade off for not having to wake up and feed them at 2, 4, and 6 am. Guess I'm not the wild one anymore.

My little offspring are the butter in my biscuit. Watching them grow and change is a source of constant amazement and amusement. Learning not to leave the boy naked as a jay bird on the bed after a bath is not good. Guess I'm sleeping in the wet spot tonight.

My 4th anniversary of turning 30 is coming up soon and I am totally unconcerned. Birthdays for me are very low on my days of importance. Far behind Christmas, Thanksgiving, August 11th, Feb 20th, and Albanian liberation day. I don't request of require large crowds, organized gatherings, or flaming baked goods. For a few years my request was give me a remote control and a bucket of chicken and let me watch the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 in peace. This year how about a gift card to the local gas station since we are road tripping to Austin the day after. For that I will love and admire you for years.

We are moving in a month. Yes, 30 days. Denial has begun. Procrastination is my mantra. But the idea of having more than 1900 sqft for six humans and one seriously over sized dog will get me through this for sure. I still have a bathroom to finish and prolly 15 rooms to paint so it should be an eventful month.

Yes we are down to one dog. The little one got a little wired the last couple of weeks. Ok...she was nuttier than a fruit cake. She growled and snapped at Debbie a couple of times and finally took a shot at me. I returned her to the SPCA and told them her name was Boomerang. I felt a little guilty considering the number of people I chastised for bringing a dog back because of a new family addition when I worked for a rescue group. The lady in line behind me was doing the same thing except that she had newborn triplets. Trumped! Guess I should take her pictures ff my page and replace them with images of the babies.

Hope this post will help roto-rooter my creative plumbing so I can attempt to amuse you guys or just myself more often.

Parting note. Deb just found this in a magazine. A snack ball. I see toddlers sling ceramic bread plates like they are playing frisbee golf on a regular basis. And great for travel? I foresee a three car pile up caused by a rigid round container of cheerios bouncing off the back of a parents head and rolling under the break pedal.

2 year old + ball = throwing. Pretzel crumbs anyone?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

look out sherwin williams here we come!!! And if anyone wants to come and help paint we'll gladly take the help. :)

BMom said...

I'm there with my paint brush in hand. Just let me know when.

Mimi_to_4 said...

30 days. Yep. Am seriously tempted to just leave the whole damned mess and hire someone to shovel it all out the door! Especially the garage!

Jenny said...

Hand me a roller brush any time and I'm ready to paint