Sunday, March 2, 2008

Say 'ello to my little friend!


Too bad Picasa doesn't have green and blue eye reduction. The Heathens were overwhelmed by the new addition last night. The Doberman was great and handled her curiosity very well. Her maternal instinct kicked in quickly and she was very calm and well behaved.

The Dane on the other hand had a hard time wrapping his small brain around what this squirming, grunting, strange smelling thing was. He tired to take in as much scent as he could and gave Beck a nudge or two. Needless to say trying to keep a 4ft tall 145lb dog at arms length is a challenge. We certainly are not worried about him doing anything more than slobbering on the boy or inhaling his pacifier. And I am thinking that the money we spent on a baby monitor might have been unnecessary considering the big dogs rushes to investigate any sniffle or squawk and quickly finds me to report the alarm. If I seem less than concerned because I am in the middle of washing dishes or folding laundry Cooper gives me a reinforcing woof. He has taken well to his new role in the D.R.H.S.










Either way we look forward to these little ones growing up with their four legged companions. After all I grew up loving my aunt's Great Dane, Santana. Don't freak out mom...Cooper can't reach far enough down into the crib to pick one up and bring them to us.

No comments: