Monday, March 2, 2009

Cheffing for the week.

I have been taking time out on Sundays and Mondays to cook for the week so that the wife and kiddos have dinner in the evenings. I usually wander around Market Street of Central Mkt for an hour or so grabbing random things sometimes with a purpose and other times without. For this week's menu We have the following:

~Roasted Potatoes
~Wild Mushroom Quinoa
~Baby safe grilled chicken (easy on the seasoning for no good reason)
~Black Beans
~Black Eyed Peas
~Roasted Broccoli
~Roasted Butternut Squash
~Lil Kid Meat Balls (Groung beef with onions, bread crumbs, yogurt, garlic, salt, and spices)
~Beef Short Ribs with Gravy (One last batch before winter is over)
~Rotisserie Chicken with a Tomatillo cream sauce
~Roasted Parsnips
~Diced Cantaloupe
~Lentil Soup

Most everything I make is baby safe and baby approved. Of course I wish I would have been eating Short Ribs and Roasted root veggies when I was younger. We are so lucky that they are not picky eaters. We have yet to find a food that they do not like. This whole process usually means the stove and oven are going for at least 18 hours but on the flip side I hardly touch them for the rest of the week. The other cool thing is that or gracious baby sitters usually have some goods to enjoy while they are here. I was not aware of how anticipated my cooking and a decent glass of wine were until I was reminded by someone after taking a couple of weeks off.

I think I am going to shift my blogging focus to food since it is what I have been enjoying most. Stay tuned for some recipes and pics!

3 comments:

Mimi_to_4 said...

It's OK, nodnarB--we made do with...sniff...Cheerios and saltines...Oh, the sacrifices we make for our grandchildren :D

Ronda C. said...

Recipe please for the Kid Meatballs, yogurt? really?
Glad you are doing well. Would love to see a food centered blog from you. Your wife is better at posting about your family anyway,(sorry).
-Ronda

Carolein said...

Long time lurker, never commented though (I don't think....).

Yeah, I'd like to know more about the Kid Meatballs, too---PLEASE!! And wondering why the yogurt is in the mix too (not that that's a bad thing---thinking more along the idea of using applesauce instead of an egg (?) in cake mixes, so it's more healthier). I'm assuming PLAIN yogurt, lol.

Thanks from Long Island, New York!

~~Carolein