Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dinner for the Devine.

As I mentioned yesterday I had the privileged of making dinner for a special friend of ours and her family. The circumstances leading to this were not the best but all things considered I wanted to try and give them a few moments to focus on something different. This was never an attempt to one up anybody in the rotation, this is just what I like to do. Feed me with your friendship and wisdom and I will feed you from my soul. The menu was as follows:

Coconut milk and curry roasted beef shoulder with onion, fennel,
and peppers done in a clay pot.



Shitake mushroom and fig quinoa with sage and thyme


Not pictured were some roasted pears and a dandelion and radish greens salad
with lardons and a warm bacon shallot vinaigrette

A macerated berry creme brulee with vanilla
and Bouchant



The little Devine's enjoyed a baked ziti with herbed chicken
and spinach and some cookie brownie bars.


I am hoping it gets rave reviews. There is nothing I enjoy more than spending a day in the kitchen cooking for others. Some of these were new recipes. This was also my first attempt at making a dessert without assistance from Mr. Heins or Ms. Crocker.

Mangia!

2 comments:

Carolein said...

OMG that dessert looks YUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!!! Please post how to make it and ingredients used!!!! Thank you!!!

Nicki said...

OMG I SO wish I lived closer to you so you could cook for my pregnant butt!! You are making my mouth water with these pictures! I bet when your wife was pregnant she was a happy camper! Great food!!