Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year

A few years ago I made a New Years resolution to never make another New Years resolution again. Problem solved as far as I was concerned. How could I ever set myself up for disappointment and let myself down again. I did make one a couple of years after that to not make any more friends. Those of you that know my sardonic sense of humor understand where that comes from. YTD I think I am -4 so I have some room for a couple of new ones. That being said I have learned to be realistic about expectations and goals.

This year I have committed to a few lifestyle changes. In a nut shell they are to go wheat, corn, and soy free. I think cutting back on the sauce (booze) would be a good idea as well. I am not as spry getting out of bed these days so apparently I need to get off my ass and be a little more active. And finally, I have committed to giving up so many of the useless time sucks in my life. I deleted my twitter account. Facebook is leaving my toolbar bookmarks. I am actually about to finish a book I started 4 days ago. And I am cutting my scheduled DVR recordings in half. After randomly spending a half day of watching Jersey Shore, Steven Segal Law Man, and some pregnant teenager show on MTV you quickly realize that there is a way to waste 6 hours of your life that you can never recover.

I am looking forward to cooking more, getting my garden together, and getting out with my kiddos as soon as these nipple hardening, dog bowl water freezing, get the "F" back to the arctic where you belong temperatures pass. We have a financial plan for the year that should leave us in much better condition than we have been in lately. I am working on a recurring cleaning/organization plan that should help us keep this house from looking like the Cat in the Hat visits every two days. All together more production, less relaxation.

I am initiating these step gradually as opposed to going clod turkey on a laundry list of changes that would only leave me freaking like Lindsay Lohan three days into rehab. Only I would be craving bread and a Real Stories of the Highway Patrol marathon.

1 comment:

It means Grace said...

You can't give up your trashy television. I rely on you for updates on all the shows I can't bring myself to watch.